New Normal Wedding Event Catering SOP In Malaysia
(Updated 12 July 2020)
Our Government recently announced that people are allowed to organise and attend events again from July onwards. This applies to those who are planning and attending weddings and engagement parties.
While these are occasions to celebrate, we must remember to adhere to the SOPs in place in order to be able to continuously host and attend events.
Our Government has set the following SOP for Wedding Events in Malaysia:
- There will be no limit to the number of pax as long as social distancing is practised
- Venues must be big enough to accommodate the number of guests and must ensure tables are set 2 metres apart & Guests must maintain physical distancing of 1m
- Attendees will have to have their temperatures checked before entering the event venue
- Attendees will have to manually record attendance or register via the MySejahtera contact tracing app
- Anyone with symptoms will be refrained from entering the event venue
- Buffet can be served as long as there are servers serving food
- One entrance and one exit to avoid to encourage one-way paths
All of us at Perfect Match are excited to share with you our Catering Options for all kinds of wedding events.
1. Buffet Catering
Our Buffet catering will now include Perfect Match servers to serve the food from the buffet line. Guests will need to queue up and maintain social distancing.
Having a Buffet line will be great at keeping the food warm in chafing dishes and the presentation will be aesthetically and visually pleasing. However, there will be a long queue at the buffet line. To avoid this, there will be a need to hire more service staff which will incur higher costs.
2. Hawker Stall Style
A unique setup and a great way of serving food from different stations.
Guests will truly remember this memorable, unique style. Food will be cooked on the spot and guests will enjoy fresh, hot food. This style is also a very hygienic option.
However, not all event spaces are big enough to cater to this style. The event venue must also allow live cooking. As there will be different stations, there will be a need to hire extra staff.
3. Western Sit Down Banquet
A sit-down dinner is hassle-free and fuss-free. Guests will enjoy food being served onto the plates and will not need to move around to get food. This premium style is also a hygienic option.
Unlike buffet, guests will be served a course meal and there may be lesser variety.
If you are still unsure of which option to go for, speak to us and let us advise you based on your event requirements. We at Perfect Match are excited to serve you for your next event.
Contact us to for your catering needs at any of these numbers 018-292 3631, 018-292 9964 or 03-8011 9452 or email us at [email protected]